The following volunteers lead the Warren County Astronomical Society:
President Chris Celek
Vice President Brian Retterer
Treasurer Gary Batten
Secretary Chuck Fairbanks
Board of Directors
Our board includes the officers listed above plus the following members:
Membership Marge Batten
Education Dennis O’Neill
Technology Mark Davidson
Past President Jeff Blazey
Members of the Warren County Astronomical Society operate the Fred Bay Observatory at Hisey Park under an agreement with the Warren County Park District, which oversees the park and its facilities.
- WCAS members are authorized to be in Hisey Park and Gulley Park after hours for astronomy activities.
- To learn more about Hisey Park and the other Warren County parks, their amenities, locations, maps, photos, and events, visit the park district website
In addition, WCAS members support the Rachel A. Hutzel Observatory at Camp Joy. We own and maintain the telescope in the camp’s roll-off roof observatory; our members have access to the observatory on weekends.
We thank the following founding members who created the Warren County Astronomical Society in 2012 and worked tirelessly to establish the observatory facilities we enjoy today at Hisey Park and Camp Joy:
- Jeff Blazey, president from 2012 to 2022
- Fred Bay, vice president from 2012 to 2021
- Judy Bay, treasurer from 2012 to 2023
- Brendan Cuddihee, secretary from 2012 to 2022
Fred passed away in 2021; the observatory at Hisey Park was named in his honor that year.
Brendan designed the WCAS logo still in use today.
Jeff, Judy, and Brendan remain active WCAS members.